Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
mandi told an excellent story on Buzz that ended with "The rest of the kids needed a punch and a shower."
My brother, Dave responded with "For random illustration Tuesday, I'd like to see Mandi punching a 5-yr old into the shower." So here you go. If it looks very rushed, its because I had very little time to day to do it.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011
Tuesday, February 08, 2011
"A snake, sitting in a fancy french restaurant, has just finished eating an elephant whole. the way you can tell he ate an elephant is because of the shape of the elephant in his body. then maybe a waiter asks him if he saved room for desert." Submitted by M. Petersen.
Listen, this is very borderline, since it's really a cartoon that makes sense. Mark, you've been warned.
Sometimes I get frustrated with clients. Were any of you aware of this? Like if a client says "Must show heavy-set, or chunky, gay male character(s) in every logo concept." That's the reason I started Random Illustration Tuesday: to have a little fun doing what I do every day: draw weird things. Sometimes it gets to me, though, and I want to punch people in the crotch.
But then sometimes (seldom) I get feedback like this:
"I would like to acknowledge the designer for this project! Splendid job on the airplane! I love it! The designer transformed my vision into a reality! Please tell the designer I said Many Thanks!"
And I get to thinking. Specifically, about Batman. If I used my punching power on clients instead of my artistic skills, I would be like Batman using his artistic skills on the criminal elements of Gotham instead of his awesome punching skills.
The lesson here is, I should be wise and use what I have to deal with what I gots.
Thursday, February 03, 2011
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
"A woman is at a fruit stand. The proprietor is a New York wizard. He doesn't care for the woman's fingerprints on his fruit and takes wizardly action. His lover, an animate scrambled egg, chuckles." Submitted by J.S. Harris
Please answer each question either:
A) I agree
B) I don't know about this
C) I agree wholeheartedly
D) I don't agree at all. Don't talk to me ever again.
E) Here's how I feel about this:________(fill this out)_______________
Post your answers/comments in a comment and I will give you your results.
1. I trust inspiration, ideas, and hunches.
2. I derive satisfaction from finishing projects more than starting them.
3. I value common sense, efficiency and spooning with random hoboes.
4. My desk may seem disorganized at times, but I can always find what I'm looking for.
5. The smell of the rotting mailman behind my couch does not bother me.
6. I love to be in the midst of the action.
7. I walked into a business meeting yesterday with only tight biker shorts on.
8. I listen more than I talk.
9. I liken pants to chains of governmental tyranny.
10. I take deadlines very seriously.
11. If I can't convince people with words, I use my fists. Fists full of peanut butter.
Please allow 10-15 minutes for Personalitization Test Result Processment.