Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Said are you ready to dance


I went to English Beat last night with Joel. It was a beautiful thing, but kind of bittersweet to see just one original member left of an awesome band that's been around for 30 years. Dave Wakeland was in top form. He still had his original guitar.

I danced hard, but did no damage to my heart.

Joel, for the first time ever, neglected to bring something to write the playlist down with, so I took notes on my phone. There were two I didnt recognize, but I guessed at the title. Here you go, Joel.

Whine and Grine/Stand Down Margaret
Hands Off Shes Mine
Twist and Crawl
Tears of a Clown
Doors
Ruff Rider
Two Swords
Cant Get Used To Losing You
I'll (something)
Kiss From a Stranger
I Confess
Tenderness
Ranking Full Stop
Mirror in the Bathroom
Click Click
Save (something)
End of the Party
Joyride

5 comments:

Sherri said...

I can't believe you guys went with out us.

BigJason said...

Lucky for Joel you were there. He may have gone into fits without a set list...

Joel said...

It's "Jackpot" not "Joyride"

That show was great! I danced until.. um.. pretty much most of the time I danced. It was fun. Kinda cool that they got someone to replace Ranking Roger, but kinda lame that Ranking Roger doesn't tour with them. FULL STOP!

Boy Mom said...

With regards to our Sunday conversation about me reading back episodes of your blog which may have included stories and illustrations of your bum-bum and how I didn't have any such stories...

I've searched my memory and the best I can do is to mention that the picture on my profile, was taken by me on my phone whilst I was err..sitting on the commode at my Mommy-in-laws.

I am thinking of writing another blog where my uber snarky side is given free reign to make up stupid words, rip on stoopid peoples, and imbibe in the joys of sarcasm as an extreme sport.

CARRIE "THE FABULOUS" said...

omg I so remember them......hhhmmm
by the way my word verification is codstk??? I will leave it at that.